How to enter
Entries for the Australian / Vogel's Literary Award 2016 are now open
How to Enter
1. Make sure you are eligible
Conditions of Entry
• Entrants must be aged under 35 years of age on 31 May 2015
(that is born after 31 May 1980).
• Entries must be lodged by 31 May 2015.
• Entrants must normally be residents of Australia.
• The manuscript submitted with the entry form should be a work of fiction, Australian history or biography.
• It must be a minimum length of 30,000 words and a maximum of 100,000 words.
• The manuscript must be an original work, entirely by the entrant and it must be written in English.
• It cannot be under consideration to any other publisher or entered into any other award.
• No more than 10% of the manuscript can have been previously published in print form, or in electronic form, on a commercial basis.
• Allen & Unwin will publish the winning entry, and will have exclusive worldwide publishing rights to it, and to any other entry they feel is of sufficient merit.
• Entry fee of $25 is applicable to each manuscript entered.
• The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The judges shall have the discretion to divide the prize equally between authors of entries they consider to be of equal merit. If, in their opinion, no entry is worthy of the prize, no winner shall be chosen. No entrant may win the prize in successive years.
• The winner will be told in strict confidence during September 2015, at which time the winner must agree to keep this news absolutely confidential until the simultaneous announcement and publication of the winning entry in 2016.
• Each entrant is required to agree to the above conditions of entry.
• Breach of any conditions of entry will render an entry invalid.
2. Submission process
You will need to submit your manuscript, a one-page synopsis, and completed entry form, preferably all in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will also need to pay the entry fee of $25. (Please note if your entry fee is not received, your entry will not be considered complete and your manuscript will not be included in the award.)
Step 1. Click here to download the entry form (PDF)
Each entrant is required to complete the entry form, which binds them to the above conditions of entry.
Please scan your completed entry form and attach it to your email.
If you are not able to scan the entry form, please copy and paste the following information into the body of your email:
Convert your manuscript and your one-page synopsis to PDF and attach it to your email.
If you are not able to convert your manuscript to PDF, we will accept a Word document.
An entry fee of $25 is payable for each entry and should be submitted to:
Allen & Unwin Pty Ltd
Account no.: 507 671 436
Please ensure the entrant's name is clearly identified in the relevant field.
We also accept cheque or postal order for $25 made out to:
The Australian/Vogel's Literary Award
PO Box 8500
St Leonards NSW 1590
Send the email with all of the attachments to email@example.com
An electronic acknowledgment will be sent to each entrant upon receipt of entry.
If it is not possible for an entry to be submitted electronically, hardcopy submissions will be accepted. Send completed entry form, manuscript and cheque or postal order for $25 to:
The Australian/Vogel's Literary Award, PO Box 8500 St Leonards, NSW 1590.