An expert, comprehensive guide to IVF which explains, simply and clearly, everything you need to know for success.
Written by world-leading fertility experts and edited by mums who have undertaken multiple cycles of IVF and know what it takes to succeed, this guide advises you on the entire IVF process and how to maximise your chances of success.
* All IVF topics are covered, from how to choose your fertility clinic, to understanding the stages of an IVF cycle, to how to prepare yourself physically and emotionally for the treatment.
* Looks at how to optimise your nutrition and how to improve egg and sperm quality
* Examines the growing trends of egg freezing and donor-assisted IVF
* Shares real-life stories of a variety of IVF journeys and their inspiring outcomes
* Includes key contributions from the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA), the UK's independent regulator for fertility treatment and research
IVF: All You Need to Know is an essential handbook for couples and individuals who are considering IVF, who want to find out what's involved, and who want to be as well prepared as they can be. It is also for those who may have already tried IVF, have experienced failed cycles and want to boost their chances of success next time around.
Sue Bedford is a practising nutritional therapist with a specialist interest in women's health, fertility and child nutrition, and Clare Goulty an experienced writer and magazine editor. Both have been through successful IVF procedures; both wished that such a book had been available to them at the time.
Sally Cheshire, who has provided the opening chapter for this book, is the Chair of the HFEA, and was appointed CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2017.
Paperback - B format