This practical guide is for owners and crew sailing all types of boats from dinghies to offshore cruisers with either masthead or fractional rigs. It explains what sail trim is all about, how to achieve it and what its benefits are, and covers:
- Mainsails and headsails
- Trim for light airs, medium strength and strong winds
- Trim for beating, reaching and running
- Correct camber and mast rake
- Weather helm - causes and cures
- Easy reference trimming tables
How to Trim Sails will help racers and cruisers of all levels of experience get the best performance from their boats and sails.
Peter Schweer has international experience in all forms of sailing from blue water cruising to top-level racing. He regularly demonstrates sail-trim techniques at European boat shows.
Adlard Coles Nautica