This leading introductory student text has been completely revised. With new examples, new information on digital strategies and on community relations, it reflects best contemporary practice in this increasingly influential profession.
Public relations is a dynamic and rapidly growing field which offers a variety of career paths. Whether you're developing the public image of an organisation, dealing with the media or managing issues for a large company, you need strong communication skills and a sound understanding of public relations processes.
This widely used introduction to theory and professional practice has been fully revised and includes new material on community relations. Leading practitioners and lecturers outline the core principles of public relations in both the public and private sectors. They show how to develop effective public relations strategies and tactics and explain how to research, run and evaluate a successful public relations campaign. Drawing on a range of communication and public relations theories they discuss how to work with the media and how to use print, electronic and other forms of communication for maximum impact.
Richly illustrated with examples and case studies from Australia, New Zealand, Asia and other countries, Public Relations is an ideal starting point for anyone developing a career in public relations.
Jane Johnston is Convenor of Communications Programs at Griffith University. A former public relations practitioner and journalist, she is author of Media Relations: Issues and strategies. Clara Zawawi is a former Director of Public Relations Programs at Bond University and Client Relations at Professional Public Relations.
Business & Management
Table Of Contents:
Table of Contents:
Part 1. A Public Relations Framework
1. Public Relations: an Overview - Jane Johnston, Clara Zawawi + Jeff Brand
2. History of Public Relations in Australia - Clara Zawawi
3. Public Relations Theory - Steve Mackey
4. The Legal Environment - Rhonda Breit
5. Ethical Practice - Lelde McCoy
Part 2. Process and Application of Public Relations
6. Research and Evaluation - Leanne Glenny and Raveena Singh
7. Strategy and Planning - Elspeth Tilley
8. Tactics- Marian Hudson
9. Media Relations - Jane Johnston
10. Sponsorship and Event management - Susan Boyd
11. Risk, Issues, Crisis and Recovery - Susan Nicholls
Part 3. Working with Key Publics: Fields of Practice in Public Relations
12. Internal communication - Marianne Sison
13. Communities and public relations - Kate Fitch
14. Public Relations in Business - Rebecca Harris
15. Public Relations and Go
0 - 0